Bisquick is GF!!!
Yes, folks, you don't have to give up all your favourite Bisquick recipes! Betty Crocker has a Gluten-Free Bisquick product on the market! It's overpriced, but it's there! In the US only, though. We Canadians are not worthy of G-Free Bisquick yet. But maybe, eventually, Betty Crocker will bless us with her wheat-less bounty in the future.
So what did I make with my G-Free Bisquick? Well, just one of my favourite crustless quiches - also known as Bisquick Impossible Pie .... I originally got this recipe from my aunt who made it for my meat-and-potatoes-only uncle, who loved it.
I have adapted it to be G-Free simply by using this great little product:
Cheddar & Bacon Crustless Quiche
3/4 cup Bisquick mix
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1/3 cup melted butter
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup cooked, crumbled bacon plus reserved grease
½ cup onions, sautéed
1 cup roughly chopped mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease pie plate.
2. Saute onions and mushrooms in 1 tbsp of reserved bacon grease over medium-low heat until onions begin to caramelize.
3. In a 4 cup mixing cup, beat eggs well. Mix in Bisquick mix, salt, pepper, butter, & milk.
3. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle cheese, bacon, onions, and mushrooms on top.
4. Bake for 40 mins. Cool for 5 mins, cut into 8 wedges and serve.