My little buddy

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Back In The Saddle Again ...

Don't you just love Aerosmith ....

For the first time in two years, I have decided to post. At first, when I joined blogland, it was because my friends were doing it, it was a way to air my opinions and have my say, it was a way to stay in touch.

Not anymore. This blog is for me now. And only me. You don't like what I write, then navigate to another page, because I'm not changing a thing.

For the most part, I don't see "those" friends anymore. A lot came to pass over the past two years, and only the real friends are still, well, friends. There were some friends who faded quickly, and for the most part, those people were expected. But I have to admit, there were one or two that did surprise me. Then, as time went by, the friends I was closest to began dwindling. There were two that really shocked me. And hurt me in the process. I have my suspicions why. But at this point, I don't care. I'm over it. They've shown their true colours and obviously I am better off.

That being said, I am still friends with a bunch of wonderful, generous people. They are tried and true, trustworthy. And what else could anyone ask for in a friend?

My blog is still going to be a way to air my opinions - like I wrote earlier, if you don't like it, move on. There are plenty of other blogs out there that you will like. I tell it like I see it.

So over the past two years, not only have friends changed, but the family has changed. The picture above is me with my beautiful nephew - I'll always refer to him as Buddy - who was born shortly before Christmas 2012. He was the best Christmas gift my sister could possibly give us. She and her partner finally had a baby. I will be honest and say that I realllllly wanted a girl. But that's all good now that I have my Buddy. I dote on him, which any rocking aunt does. That's my goal now - to be the favourite, most rocking, fantastic aunt. I can pull it off.

The other big change has been my diet. I've gone gluten-free. I had to. When I am eating gluten containing products, I feel awful. My sinuses kill me, my joints are so bad I think I have arthritis, and we won't even get into the whole intestinal thing. That's actually going to be a huge part of my blog - gluten-free.  Cuz it's hard. I've done a lot of reading and I am still learning. And I want to share some of what I learn.

So, here's to a new year and a new life. In more than one way.

1 comment:

"The real" MarthaSue said...

You GO Girl!!!! xox